Socialsecurity Gov Setup
Few Things to Know About Dell Computer Setup
Dell computer setup is an elongated process encompassing physical setup, Windows Setup and update, and installation of updated drivers and firmware. However, Dell Support is available on demand, to counteract any related issues.
The objective of this Dell Help article is to guide you thoroughly through stages of Dell computer setup. For the sake of simplicity it has been divided into steps. Let's start.
Physical Setup :
- Plug your computer into AC power using the enclosed power cables.
- Connect your monitor.
- Connect your mouse and keyboard.
- Connect your speakers.
- Turn your computer on.
Microsoft Windows Setup:
Turn on the machine, and you will come through Windows-screen demanding information as mentioned below:
- Country, Language and Keyboard Layout.
- User Name (required) and Computer Name (fills based on User Name, but you can change if you like).
- Login Password (voluntary step), note that if you lose your password and do not have a Password Reset Disk, other than the hint provided the only other option is to reinstall Windows.
- Agree to the Microsoft and Dell license terms.
- Set your computer security settings. Dell strongly recommends using the recommended settings.
- Date and Time settings.
Dell Setup Screen:
Afterwards, Dell Getting Started Guide starts. It provides steps to setup McAfee SecurityCenter and DataSafe Online, create recovery disc. You can know more regarding backup and transfer of your data from an old machine and setting up printers or other peripherals.
Create a Password Reset Disk :
Insert your USB removable media. Navigate the Control Panel followed by "User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click "User Accounts". In the left pane, click Create a password reset disk, and then follow the instructions.
Update Windows :
Your Dell computer may not be completely up-to-date with all of the latest Windows security and usability updates. Be sure to click Start and select Windows Update to keep your computer up-to-date and secure.
Update Drivers and BIOS :
The machine demands updated drives so as to successfully communicate with the attached peripherals as well as to diktat the system components like video cards, sound cards and modems. Navigate to the "Drivers and Downloads" section of the Dell Support to get the latest drivers and firmware for your Dell system, which in turn boost up the performance and security aspects, and are exclusively needed for expanded compatibility.
However, if you are encountering any issues regarding Dell computer setup, you can call on the Dell Number for instant help.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Next page: Socialsecurity Gov Payee
Bookmark/Share This Page: